About the Department of Botany
- Botany is highly allied subject which is concerned to our day to day life and natural processes. It also includes the environment, agriculture, forestry, study of medicinal plants, biotechnology, etc. The department has a small botanical garden in collage premises where plants required for practical are cultivated.
- The Darwinian gallery – where paper cuttings, articles or recent topics, environment conservation of medicinal plant, awareness about safe & clean water, air monitoring, etc. are displayed.
- Slide show, power point presentation, paper presentation, are arranged frequently for the students which help them in knowing recent / current research in India’s and abroad.
- The department arranges visit to Krishi Vidyapith, forest dept., Nursery, Tissue Culture lab, biotechnology research center, which helps the students to improve the knowledge.
- Dept. arranges various seminars / Workshop / Lecture series under the quality improvement programs of Pune University on recent topics.
- vi) The dept. has one Botanical garden with near about 200 live plant species.
- Identification and Authentication of Plant species.
- Consultancy to farmers for identification of paste and their control measures.
- Guidance regarding improved verities of cash crops.
Courses run by the department with intake capacity.
- F.Y.B.SC. – 1 Division (120 Students).
- S.Y.B.SC. - 1 Division (120 Students).
- T.Y.B.SC. - 1 Division (60 Students).
- M.Sc. (Started in 2018-19.) - Intake 24 Seats. (Advanced Biodiversity Special).
- Dr. N. B. Pawar Elected as a Senate Member &SPPU Standing Committee member for the period of 2018 to 2013.
Research Project undertaken and completed
- Dr. N. B. Pawar is Recognised Guide of M.Phil,SPPU Pune.
- Dr.S B Shisode is A Recognized Guide of SPPU, Pune for Ph.D.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Alumni||Designation|
|1||Dr. Motiram Ravaji Deshmukh||Principal, Arts, Science & Commerce College, Harsul, Dist - Nashiik|
|2||Prof. Madhav Khalkar||Associate Professor, Arts, Science & Commerce College, Niphad, Dist - Nashiik|
|3||Yogita Shankar Gavit||Primary School Teacher Wagholi, Tal- Tryambakeshwar, Dist - Nashik|
|4||Deepak Pandurang Malgave||Primary School Teacher Thanapada, Tal- Tryambakeshwar, Dist - Nashik|
|5||Sunil Pandurang Malgave||Primary School Teacher Jilha Parishad, Peth, Dist - Nashik|
|6||Gokuldas Gulabsingh Vasave||Harsul Ashram School, Harsul, Tal- Tryambakeshwar, Dist- Nashik|
|7||Rekha Shankar Deshmukh||Police Constable, Thane|
F.Y/S.Y Admission procedure
T.Y Admission procedure
Short Tour – Jawahar / Mokhada
Internal Exam – Unit Test
Short Tour – anjineri / Trimbakeshwar
Botany Association Lecture
Nursery and Pharmaceutical Industry visit
Botany Association Lecture
Field Visit Botany Association
Long Tour at Malshej Ghat, Konkan, Amboli Ghat.
Internal Exam / Unit Test
Visit to Waste water treatment plant.
Visit to YCMOU krishi vidnyan Kendra.
For all M.Sc students, an Industrial visit was organized at `Sahyadri Farm, Mohadi to know the preparation and marketing of food and Vegetables, preparation Ketchups, Jams, jellies etc. Dr. N.B.Pawar, Dr. S. B. Shisode, Asst Prof Uma Vidhate, Vanita Surywanshi, and Ruchika Batham &Mr. Suresh Sable guided the students for the same.